The first step to a healthy smile is a clean smile! During your first visit at our office, and during each subsequent checkup, we will provide you with a professional dental cleaning. Dental cleanings also involve a comprehensive dental examination to ensure we understand your smile and are able to provide the proper treatments. Under the direction of Dr. Cynthia L. Skigen, our seasoned dentist, one of our dental hygienists will:
- Remove built-up plaque and tartar from the surface of your teeth, which are known to cause tooth decay
- Wash, dry, and polish each tooth for a beautiful shine
- Check each tooth for signs of decay or damage
- Examine existing dental restorations for needed repairs
- Perform an oral cancer screening
- Evaluate your smile for periodontal (gum) disease
During your initial exam and at least once a year, we will also take a series of digital X-rays to more fully understand and diagnose your smile. Your dental cleaning and exam is an ideal time for you to ask us your questions and voice your concerns. We are committed to listening to you and giving you the attention you deserve from your dentist. If you have not been to the dentist in a while, we encourage you to schedule your appointment today by calling our office. We hope to hear from you soon!