Dental implants are a great cosmetic service for anyone who has suffered tooth loss and would prefer a permanent fix. Implants are installed directly into the jawbone, so their effectiveness is guaranteed.
It is important to fill in the empty void left behind by lost teeth because the gap can be a safe-zone for harmful bacteria and food particles, which can heighten the risk of tooth decay and gum disease. Listed below are some of the benefits of dental veneers:
- Dental implants, when properly cared for, can last a lifetime.
- Dental implants have an extremely strong bond to your jawline, and they will remain in place and not slip or fall out as dentures have been known to do.
- Dental implants can be brushed, flossed, and cleaned the same way as you would with your natural teeth.
- Dental implants will not shift and grind against your other teeth.
- Dental implants act as normal teeth do, so they will not cause any speech impediments or alterations in your speech or chewing.
- Dental implants can be 100% fully customized based on size, shape, color, fit, and curvature.
- Dental implants can strengthen your jawbone, which can weaken over time from tooth loss.
To see if you are eligible for an alternative to dentures, we invite you to contact our team to evaluate your options. Dr. Cynthia L. Skigen can help you form a plan for the best service to restore your healthy smile. To schedule an oral exam, please call us at 904-281-9988 in Jacksonville, Florida today!